Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dimsum Delight | New Star Seafood Restaurant

 

I love dimsum… and I am lucky that I live here in Hong Kong where one gets the best dimsum in the world. Nothing beats Hong Kong dimsum.

DSC05057

After church on Christmas morning and after all the presents have been unwrapped, we decided to go have dimsum at the restaurant that my parents had tried out in their previous visits here – the New Star Seafood Restaurant in Causeway Bay.

DSC05071

It was a most satisfying dimsum, because unlike dimsum with only just Chris, me and the children, with my parents and my aunt around, we could order a whole lot more variety. Here is a sampling of what we had:


Har Gow (Steamed shrimp dumplings) – A staple dimsum fare.DSC05051


Siu Mai (燒賣)- Another type of dumpling. This one made with pork and shrimps, with crab roe on top. Both Josh and Zoë love these.DSC05061

 

Fried turnip cake (蘿蔔糕). I love these with hoisin sauce. DSC05042


Cheong Fun (腸粉)- Rice noodle rolls with barbecued pork stuffing. We also love the one with the prawn stuffing.DSC05041

 

Taro puffs (芋角) – Stuffed with mashed taro, some bits of mushrooms, shrimps and pork --deep-fried in crispy batter. I love these!DSC05047

 

“Salt-Water” Stuffed Dumpling (鹹水角) – Sweet and sticky on the outside and a bit salty on the inside. Stuffed with pork and chopped vegetables. I’m not a fan of these, but Chris loves them.DSC05046

 

Crispy pork with mustard on the side. One plate of these is not enough. Sinful, sinful, but my parents love these, so do both Josh and Zoë, and so do I!DSC05053

Steamed BBQ Pork Buns (Char Siu Bau - 叉燒包). Another dimsum staple.DSC05056


Steamed meatballs (牛肉球). Really tender and juicy.DSC05060

 

Fish congee with century egg. Congee (粥)= Chinese comfort food.DSC05044

 

Lap Mei Fun (臘味饭). Artery-clogging, sinful, but oozing with flavor, absolutely yummy. Made with cured meat (pork sausages, liver sausages and duck – meat that has been ‘wind-dried’ and preserved).

DSC05062

 

~~--~~

Yes, I indulged. Much. Too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...